To Create a Custom Page Layout in SharePoint 2013 do the following steps:
- Create Content Type:
- From Site Settings select
Site Content types
- Press button Create to
create Content Type Select parent content type from: Publishing Content TypesParent Content Type: Page Layout
- Add the following fields to
the content type:
- LargeHeadline – Single line of text
- RightHandBlurb – Multiple lines of text
- LeftLinkList – Full HTML
- LeftColumnTitle – Single line of text
- LeftColumnText – Full HTML
- RightColumnText – Full HTML
- From Site Settings select Site Content types
Creating a Page Layout:
- Go to the Design Manager
- Edit Page Layouts
- Create a page layout
- Publishing Your Page Layout
To publish your page layout, go to Site Settings –> Master pages and page layouts.
To publish your layout, click on the HTML file and then Publish this will reflect also in aspx:
Creating a Page:
- Now we can publish our
- Customizing Page Layouts. There are two ways to grab the file:
- Go to Design Manager –>3. Upload Design Files and map a network drive to your master page directory.
- Go to Site Settings –> Master pages and page layouts and you can download your file.
- Moving the snippets provided by SharePoint 2013 into the appropriate spots, to customize layout page.