To Create a custom master page in SharePoint 2013:
- Design your master page as
html with structure folder:
- Go to The Design Manage
- Mapping to the Master Page
Directory by Edit Master Pages:
- Click on that link and you
will see this dialogue box:
- If you use Windows Server 2012
you need to install feature “Desktop Experience” for next steps.
- You need to select the
folder containing Master Page and Page Layouts as well as their dependent
assets (CSS files, scripts, images, etc.). To do this:
- Now you can select your
html master page and click insert.
NOTE: SharePoint 2013 expects your HTML to be XML Compliant. If you have older or non-compliant HTML you will get an error. Fix your file and try again.
- Press Conversion and
successful link to see preview of this page.
- At the bottom of the page you will see a
Yellow Box that represents the place holder where dynamic content is going to
be inserted. We're going to now move that place holder into where we want it to
replace our dummy text in the middle of the page.
- Download the HTML file from the Share Point 2013 environment and open it in your HTML editor and you will see that Share Point 2013 has decorated your HTML with a number of tags. These tags are used by Share Point 2013 as markup to specify where to put to insert content when it generates the Master Page.
- Publish HTML file it will reflect automatically in master file.