In Solution file WSP in SharePoint 2010, you can see the contents of the WSP by changing the file extension to CAB. You can then open the file like a ZIP file within Windows Explorer, or via WinRAR.
But you cannot modify it using one of these items:
- Creating a new archive file within Windows Explorer – and changing to CAB or WSP extension.
- Trying to delete or drag into an archive shown in Windows Explorer.
- Creating a new archive with WinRAR – and/or dragging into a CAB file using WinRAR.
- Using MAKECAB.EXE to create an archive via command line is difficult.
I found tool (IZArc) solve this problem. Steps involved to update the WSP are as follows :
- Rename the WSP to CAB
- Extract all contents to a folder – using Windows Explorer, or WinZip, WinRAR, or whatever
- Change the items you want.
- Create a new CAB file with the updated contents, using IZARC. (IZARC support many types Archived type must be CAB and include subfolders)
- Rename the newly created CAB to WSP
- Install to SharePoint